| HOME | Join MUKTHI Yoga Group | Photo Album | Video Album | Ayurveda Detox Challenge | Downloads |
Prepare for Ayurvedic Detox Challenge from April 22- 28
Send a check for $180/= to: Dr. Archana Vardhan, 6552 Lochleigh Ct, Alexandria, VA 22315; Cell: 203-308-7128.
Please download these PDF forms, fill them and email to email@example.com or mail to the above address. This will help us to make your detox kit suitable to your body type.
Prakruti Diagnosis: https://sites.google.com/site/mukthiyog/PrakrutiDiagnosis.pdf
Medical History: https://sites.google.com/site/mukthiyog/MedicalHistoryForm.pdf
Waiver of Liability Agreement: https://sites.google.com/site/mukthiyog/WaiverOfLiabilityAgreement.pdf
All food items in the detox kit will be purified through a Pooja (offering to ultimate) on Friday, April 14 at 6am. This day is start of the Zodiac New Year—when the sun enters into Sidereal Aries (Ashwini star). It is an appropriate time to offer oblations to the supreme intelligence. Food (Prasad) is seen not only as nourishment to body and mind but as a vehicle for transformation and purification.
Your personalized detox kit will be available at Durga Temple on April 15, 16 between 8:30am to 9am or April 19, 6:30pm to 8pm. You may also collect the detox kit from Marcela's Yoga Boutique between April 15 – 21. Please let us know your preferred location.
We will be creating a WhatsApp group for the week. Please send me your cellphone number, if you wish to be added to the group.
Workshops to prepare for the detox challenge
(You may participate both event to get the full benefit)
· Sun, Apr. 9, 4pm to 6pm: 8400 Durga Place, Fairfax Station, VA 22039 (Class room next to cultural hall). Usually temple serve delicious vegetarian dinner at 6:30 pm. You are welcome to join, it is free for all.
· Thu, Apr.13, 6:30pm to 8:30pm: Marcela's Yoga Boutique, 317 South Washington Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
Workshop Schedule (interactive session)
· Invocation - shanti mantra.
· Review of daily schedule. All participants will receive the daily schedule printout for seven days. We can go through each item and Dr. Archana or I can address them.
· *Prakruti diagnose (Physical & Psychological constitution of an individual). Please fill the Prakruti Diagnosis form and email to Dr. Archana (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the session. Based on the data you have provided she will consult one-on-one with you.
· Dr. Archana will provide triphala capsules and instructions.
· Simple asana/stretch exercise and pranayama demonstration for daily practice.
· Tips on walking meditation, YOGA nidra and mini-meditation.
Please let us know if you need more information.
Jay Kalathil – Cell: 5713312011
Dr. Archana Vardhan – Cell: 203-308-7128
* Prakruti : Ayurveda defines health as a state of physical, psychological, social and spiritual well being and is based on the theory of Panchamahabhoota (the five basic elements – Space, Air, Fire, Water and Earth) and Tridoshas (three biological humors – Vata, Pitta and Kapha) which are present in each and every cell of the body along with mind and spirit. The equilibrium of doshas is called health and imbalance (Vikriti) is called disease (Ashtanga Hridaya, Sutra Sthana 1). Together these three doshas determine the physiological balance and constitution of the individual which is called as Prakriti in Ayurveda. Every person has all three doshas (physical humors – vata, pitta, kapha) and trigunas (psychological qualities - Satwa, Rajas, Tamas) in different proportions. However, depending upon the predominance of the five basic elements, three doshas and mental qualities in sperm (Shukra) and ovum (Shonita) at the time of conception, the individual prakriti is decided. Prakriti is also described to be influenced by maternal factors including the intra-uterine environment, food and regimen adapted by the mother during pregnancy (Matur Ahara Vihara). This basic constitution which is fixed at the time of fertilization generally remains constant through out the life of that individual. Ayurveda has also explained the food and lifestyle as per individual constitution including the factors which aggravate and pacify doshas (Vimana Sthana 1/21-25, Charaka Samhita, 2003).